About this policy
The CAA is committed to providing a high standard of service to everyone we deal with. For this reason, we welcome any comments about our service, including when we get things wrong. We want to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible. We will listen to complaints, treat them seriously, respond to them swiftly and learn from them so we can improve our service.
If you have any comments or feedback that does not constitute a complaint, we would still like to hear from you so we can improve our service and the way we do things. You can find contact details on the contact us section of our website.
What is a complaint?
We treat as a complaint any expression of dissatisfaction with our service which calls for a response.
This policy covers complaints about:
- the standard of service we provide
- the behaviour of our staff
- any action or lack of action by our staff affecting an individual or group
- any unfair treatment of stakeholders by members of our staff
- the administration of decisions we have made and the process we have followed (except where the process is separately set out in legislation)
Our policy does not cover:
- matters that have already been fully investigated through this complaints procedure
- anonymous complaints
- complaints about access to information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 or the Data Protection Act 1988-2018
- decisions in respect of licenses, authorisations or approvals as the review procedures are set out in legislation (such as Regulation 6 of the Civil Aviation Authority Regulations 1991, Part 5 of the Civil Aviation (Air Travel Organisers' Licensing) Regulations 2012, the Operation of Air Carriers Regulations 2009)
- regulatory decisions we make under our statutory functions including the process we have followed to reach them
- complaints about the behaviour or actions of third parties or bodies we regulate
- consultations or proposals where we have not yet reached or published a decision
- decisions made about, or outcomes of, consumer complaints
Provide page feedback
Please enter your comments below, or use our usual service contacts if a specific matter requires an answer.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.